Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hello to All

Well, I want to first say hi to Chris. I miss you bro! While you were in town you gave me a "welcome" audio tape of praise and worship music from Vineyard music. I fell in love with that simple little tape and played it over and over again. Now, God has given me the opportunity to play some of that music for Him on bass with the Clearwater Baptist Church praise band along side another brother in this group, Ben Finch. I say all this to extend my gratitude to you for introducing me to God-centered praise and worship music.

If a picture is worth a thouand words, it appears to me that you are doing well. What a beautiful family.

Anyhoo, better late than never, right? I am catching up on the reading in the Harvey book. I would just like to say that these truths that I have read are so simple and obvious, but I've managed to overlook them altogether or worse yet, self-righteously settle complacently with being "good enough" or seeking my own happiness. My marraige to Kelley exists for the glory of God, not for hers and mine. God invented this institution so that Kelley and I can demonstrate with our lives Christ's love for His people.

1 comment:

Mike Simmons said...

Great post, John. It is exciting to see what God is doing in and through your life. I look forward to watching your family grow in the grace and mercy of God...in the shadow of the cross...Colossians 3:1-3